Which Ecommerce Platform is best for your Business?
In this post I will cover what I think are the best ecommerce platforms for UK Businesses.
Now unfortunately there is no perfect platform because every business is different BUT you can find the platform that is the best fit for YOUR online shop!
I highly recommend trying ALL of these platforms before committing to one of them, so that you can see which one you like and if you find one much easier to use than the others, then that is the one you should go for!
Now before I start, I want to let you know that this post does contain affiliate links which means that if you click one of the links and purchase their service then I receive a referral commission. However, this partnership does not impact the honesty of my review, if I don't like something then I will say so!
Option Number 1: EKM - Best for Helping you Get Started
Formerly known as EKMPowershop, EKM are one of the largest and most well reviewed ecommerce platforms based here in the UK. When I reviewed the platform, the one thing that really stuck out to me was the amount of support they give you when you are just starting out to help you get, not only your website up and running but also working with you to help you get your first sale.
Which I think is great! Plus as you start to grow and move up through their packages, you get much more support from the platform so that your business can go from strength to strength.
As with all platforms, EKM comes loaded with a whole host of features to help you get your store up and selling, including:
- A selection of over 60 ready to go, mobile responsive themes. All of which can be easily customised so that it fits your brand.
- Get more traffic and customers to your website with specialist marketing tool including email marketing, seo and google product feed
- Online chat features so you can quickly respond to your customers enquiries in real time, increases conversion rates as the customer is not waiting for an email
- PCI DSS compliant servers and built in integration with payment processors such as PayPal, Stripe, Klarna, SagePay and WorldPay
- Reliable and quick hosting backed up by UK based support teams
EKM Free Trial
EKM offer you a 14 day free trial to test out their platform but as an EKM partner, I get to offer you a 28 day free trial so you can really see what the platform is capable of. The start your free trial simply Click Here!
Want to learn more about EKM?
Then check out my full review
Option Number 2: ShopWired - Best for Getting Started Quickly
I really like ShopWired and from both running a site on on the platform and doing a review, to me the strongest point for ShopWired is the ability to get your shop up and running in no time. Your site could be live in a couple of hours! So if you have to move websites quickly or need to be launched in a short time frame, then I would recommend ShopWired.
ShopWired comes with lots of great features so you can the most out of your online store and they include:
- Fast hosting which uses amazons ultra reliable and fast Amazon Web Services (AWS) hosting platform, faster websites usually lead to higher conversion rates
- PCI DSS Level 1 compliant servers, integrates with all major payment providers
- Company focus on mobile commerce which is important as over half of ecommerce sales now come from smartphones or tablets
- Multiple selling channel integration, link your store up to eBay and Facebook to help increase sales
- Build a wholesale ecommerce site, lots of features so that you create a B2B site with ease.
- 19 free themes have been built in house meaning that they work perfectly with the ShopWired platform
- UK based support to answer all your questions and queries
ShopWired Free Trial
ShopWired offer a 14 day free trial to see whether or not the platform is right for you and your business. During the free trial you also have access to all the apps and extensions to see what functionality you need to make your store perfect. To start your free trial simply Click Here!
Want to learn more about ShopWired?
Then check out my full review
Option Number 3: Bluepark - The Best out of the Box Package
While other platforms offer you a basic setup that you can then add features to as and when you want or need them, Bluepark just give you everything straight out of the box. No need to browse apps to see what they have on offer, everything is there and ready to go. You can also build your own affiliate network with Bluepark which is a very handy feature to have!
- Super fast websites ran on high performance UK based servers with nightly backups to protect all of your data
- PCI Compliant servers and integration with all major payment processors including PayPal, Stripe, WorldPay and SagePay
- Out of the box solution that is loaded with features including built in blog, email newsletter and integration with ebay and google tools. Create your own affiliate network and manage them directly from your dashboard
- Over 40 free, mobile responsive premium themes. Which can be customised in the dashboard or using the live editor.
- Top quality UK based support
Bluepark Free Trial
With Bluepark you get a 14 day free trial to test out the platform and see if it right for you. To start your free trial Click Here.
Want to learn more about Bluepark?
Then check out my full review
Option Number 4: Shopify - Best for Dropshipping
Shopify is a really good platform and is just as suited to conventional ecommerce as it is to dropshipping but with numerous integrations with dropshipping networks, Shopify is arguably the best option if this is the business model you are going for. The dashboard is also really simple to use, which makes it a good option for people new to online selling.
- Shopify have an app store where third party developers have created apps that can add all different kinds of functionality to your online store. Apps are charged separately and vary in price
- Sell across multiple platforms, third party apps allow you to sell pretty much anywhere online from marketplaces to social media
- Specialist marketing tools allow you to focus your marketing campaigns so that you are targeting the right audience
- One thing that Shopify allows you to to is sell in the real world with Shopify Point of Sale, which is ideal for businesses who either have a retail outlet or do pop up shops, all at an additional cost
Shopify Free Trial
With Shopify you get a 14 day free trial to test out the platform and see if it right for you. To start your free Shopify trial Click Here
Want to learn more about Shopify?
Then check out my full Review
Option Number 5: BigCommerce
BigCommerce are the main competition to Shopify, especially in North America and for many years the two platforms went head to head when it came to who was the market leader. While Shopify seem to have won, Bigcommerce still offers a great solution and are most definitely not losers.
- Large selection of themes which can be customised so that you can quickly and easily create a store that fits your brand, many designed with mobile user experience in mind
- Fast and secure hosting on the Google Cloud Platform, not only is the hosting Level 1 PCI DSS rated but you also get a free SSL certificate, which means you get the https protocol as standard
- Improve conversion rates with abandoned cart recovery and a streamlined checkout process
- Built for the global market, with payment processors who can accept nearly every currency to the ability to have your store display in numerous languages
BigCommerce Free Trial
BigCommerce do trump their competition when it comes to the standard free trial by offering a ....... 15 day free trial, well that 1 extra day can be the deciding factor as to which platform you choose.
Interested in trying BigCommerce?
Start you free 15 day trial now
This article contains affiliate links