The Ecommerce industry is an ever growing industry and there are lots of options out there when it comes to ecommerce software but choosing the right one can be a challenge.
That is why I created this post, to give you what I think are the best ecommerce platforms to choose from, especially if you are a UK based business. Now these aren’t in any particular order, they are just the ones I think are the best options and it is always worth trying them all to see which one suits your business.
Now before I get into the review, I want to let you know that this post does contain affiliate links which means that if you click one of the links and purchase their service then I receive a referral commission.
One of the largest and most well reviewed UK based ecommerce platforms here in the UK are EKM, formerly known as EKMPowershop. EKM power of 50,000 ecommerce sites both in the UK and abroad and boast a large number of features to build a fantastic online store, which is backed up by excellent customers service and support from the EKM team.
- Live customer so that you can change the look and feel of your online store
- Over 60 free, mobile responsive themes that can be customised to fit any business
- Increase your sales with live chat using Facebook messenger, saves your customer having to wait for an email reply
- A host of SEO tools to improve your search rankings, including the use of a WordPress blog
- PCI DSS compliant servers and built in integration with all the major payment gateways such as PayPal, Stripe, Klarna, SagePay and WorldPay
- High performance ecommerce hosting
- UK based support teams and your own dedicated account manager
If you want to know more about EKM, then check out my Full EKM Review.
Try EKM for Yourself
Exclusive 28 Day Free Trial
ShopWired are one of the young contenders in the ecommerce platform market as they have only been around since 2013. However they boast a very impressive platform and count the likes of EDF and Wowcher among their 8,500 customers.
- All online stores are hosted on amazons ultra reliable and fast Amazon Web Services (AWS) hosting platform
- PCI DSS Level 1 compliant servers, integrates with all major payment providers including PayPal, Stripe, Worldpay, SagePay and Klarna
- A selection of 19 beautiful free mobile responsive themes along with 5 paid options
- Integrate your website with other sales channels including eBay and Facebook
- Ideal platform for b2b online stores due to the specialist trade only features
- Create an email list with the excellent MailChimp app
- UK based support to answer all your questions and queries
If you want to know more about ShopWired, then check out my Full ShopWired Review
Try ShopWired for Yourself
Free 14 Day Trial
The final UK based offering on this list is Bluepark. Whilst the smallest in terms of customer base, the Bluepark platform comes fully loaded with every feature you could want to build a successful online store.
- High performance, PCI Compliant UK based servers
- Nightly backups to protect all of your data
- Integration with all major payment processors including PayPal, Stripe, WorldPay and SagePay
- Built in blog and email newsletter
- Integration with Ebay and Google tools.
- Create your own affiliate network and manage them directly from your dashboard
- Over 40 free, mobile responsive premium themes. Which can be customised in the dashboard or using the live editor.
- Top quality UK based support
Want to know more about Bluepark, then check out my Full Bluepark Review.
Try Bluepark for Yourself
Free 14 Day Trial
The biggest name in ecommerce is Shopify, powering over 1,000,000 online stores worldwide. The Canadian platform provides a robust platform to build a successful online business.
- The App Store, add near unlimited functionality to your online store with a massive selection of applications
- Over 70 themes ranging from free to $180, you can also have custom themes build by Shopify approved designers.
- Create a blog to increase the amount of traffic to your online store
- Specialist marketing tools allow you to focus your marketing campaigns so that you are targeting the right audience
- Manage your Shopify Store on the go with the Shopify mobile app
- Create a Dropshipping business with Ordoro and eCommHub integration
If you want to know more about Shopify, then check out my Full Shopify Review.
Try Shopify for Yourself
Free 14 Day Trial
The USA’s Ecommerce offering comes from BigCommerce and they are the 2nd biggest provider of hosted online stores in the world but proudly boast that they launched 6 years after the biggest which is Shopify. A favourite of both big and small businesses including Skullcandy and August Mcgregor.
- A huge selection of 145 themes ranging from free to $250
- All online store are hosted on PCI compliant servers which a powered by Googles Cloud Platform
- Over 700 apps to choose from to add all kinds of functionality to your store
- Built for the global market, with payment processors who can accept nearly every currency to the ability to have your store display in numerous languages
- Integrate BigCommerce with your existing WordPress blog to turn it into an ecommerce store